Sunday, July 31, 2011

Quilting at the Cabin!


Renee Bronson, Laureen Simper and I were able to spend three glorious days quilting at Renee's cabin!
We saw 2 moose (or is it moosen? as Brian Regan would say!), and a sweet little doe that walked around the cabin daily!  Wish I would have thought to take some pictures of the wildlife, but NO, my first picture is of the good food we ate!  Below are the black bean tacos our family loves!  We each take a couple of turns fixing meals.  It was my night. . .



Here is Renee working on the night sky for her Fall Quilt. . .a delighted face!



Here is Laureen ironing. . .when do you ever smile while ironing except when you are at the cabin quilting??

Laureen is working on a applique' paper doll quilt.  Most of the quilt is the doll clothes, but there are two dolls with lots of work and detail.  Here is the first doll finished!

A closer look. . .

Renee with another quilt she put together while we were there!  I think she finished 3-4 quilt tops!

I neglected to take any pictures of myself, but here is what I was working on. . .The Vignette Stitchery Quilt. So much fun to combine the piecing, applique and stitching together!



One more fun quilt Renee showed us how to do.  When you are done sewing these little 2 1/2 inch pieces on, the quilt is quilted as well!  I will be doing some of these for baby quilts, I think!

What a fun and enriching time we had as we learned and shared our love for quilting and our love for the gospel and each other as sisters.  Thanks to Renee for sharing her sweet, awesome cabin! 






1 comment:

  1. I love the quilt you were working on! So fresh looking and original! You are a wonder :-)

    love,

    Ann

    ReplyDelete