Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Finished projects. . .

Finally finished a couple of wedding gifts.  I made Camis' primitive stitchery pattern in brights.  Gotta love those french knots!  The pillows were fun to make as I thought about Amanda  (my niece), and Scott--one of my former piano students who is almost like another son to me.    (And notice my cute chair that used to be blah brown from our old, old kitchen table set. . .Kim works wonders with her paint brush!)


A closer view. . .

Here is a small applique wall hanging (a Lori Smith pattern--Fit to Frame Pattern 6), that I tried out my new applique skills on.  I took a class from Jeanna Kimball on applique and I see that her way is the best I have tried yet!  It can become very addicting.  I like the fact that it is something I can take in the car or sit and watch a movie with and I don't need my machine.


I just quilted it with stitching in the ditch so as not to disturb the applique.
And for the borders, just straight lines.  I wanted it to be about the applique, not the quilting.

Another angle. . .

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME projects, mom!!! So proud of you! You have been a busy lady! Good job!!!
    Cami (I'm logged in for work)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous family!!!

    Love your Fit to Frame! Just beautiful. Applique and quilting are perfect!

    ReplyDelete