Saturday, August 4, 2012

"These are a few of my favorite things. . ."


When Kim and Mark moved to their rental, I went out to Stansbury Park to help out a little.  I took Jax and Wyatt over to the lake across the street.  We  had a fun time skipping rocks and jumping into the cold water!  (them, not me ;)



Dan, otherwise known as "Pa" with Miss Brooklyn.  Wonder when she will start learning the whack him on the head game. . .that he LOVES, I might add!

Brooklyn is almost ready to crawl.  Isn't that a darling face?

Here is Wyatt tickling Brookie with his head.  She laughed so hard she got the hiccups!

Our new little TJ on a sleepy Sunday afternoon

Another darling face, awake just in time to go home!

Besides my grandchildren, another favorite is quilting.  Last blog I showed my latest bed quilt, so I wanted to show some of the throw pillows that have now ended up on top!





I asked my mom if she had a set of 'vintage' pillowcases she would let me use as pillow shams for this new quilt.  She found these in her cedar chest. . .never been used!  Grandma Anderson or Grandma Hy made them for her wedding trousseau almost 60 years ago!  They match perfectly.  Thanks, Mom!


3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! Awesome pictures!!! Love the baby pics and seeing Brooklyn laugh so hard is so cute!!! LOVE THAT!!! And the quilt and pillows are amazing! I can't believe Grandma had those tucked away in her cedar chest! (Actually, I can.) Sounds just like grandma. She probably has a million vintage things that she's saved put away somewhere in their house. We need her to get them out and tell us about them! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some GREAT looking grand kids. We have not meet Miss Brooklyn yet but soon we hope. You have great children. This week our girls will be in San Antonio together tearing up the town.Love the boots Miss Cami sent to Caroline. Go Cami!

    ReplyDelete