Monday, November 14, 2011

Nesting for Baby Brooklyn


Here are the happy parents to be. . .Kim and Mark


This is a little quilt I made for Brooklyn.  Kim loved the fabric from the 'Ruby' line by Moda.
A simple quilt with the fun gathered white strips.







This a a crib quilt that Kim bought with the rest of a crib set, bumpers, skirt and such.  I wanted to make her a pillow that could go in the rocker, so I used some fabric that we made the curtains from and some other scraps I had on hand.  I think it matches quite well!  (The curtains are the striped yellow with a 2 foot hem of the yellow dot fabric--the walls are the aqua blue--doesn't that sound peaceful and soft for a little girl?)



Hand stitching with some crewel cotton thread sets off the simple design!
I didn't want to fool around with piping, so I just used a binding to finish it off.


We had a surprise  baby shower for Kim!  And we pulled it off. . .Kim had no idea what she was walking into.  Kim's mom, Jill (to the right in this picture) did a great job getting her there.

Good food and good fun and wonderful, generous gifts!  



Big brother Wyatt will be almost 4 . . .

And Jaxson is 6 and they are both very excited for their new little sister!


Only a couple more weeks and Brooklyn will join our family!  Can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh can't wait to meet her!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the quilt, I have to do that ruffle thing on a quilt I do. LOVE it plus the pillow looks like she could have bought it with the blanket. GOOD JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello - this is me TRYING TO LEAVE A COMMENT AGAIN! As you know, I love you madly, dying to comment about it, yada yada yada....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute quilts Connie. Do you do them on a quilt rack or are they done on a machine? Some day I hope to have the patience to do quilting. I really admire those of you who are pros at it.

    ReplyDelete