Wednesday, January 11, 2012

All Six Home for Christmas!

Ok, so here is the WHOLE family!
Rob, Matt, Tyler, Cami, Alyssa and Mark
What a blessing and what a feat to have all of us together!  Rob is in Atlanta going to school, Matt is in Washington, DC, working for Senator Mike Lee, Tyler is going to school at BYU, Cami and Brett are moving to San Antonio, Texas next month, Alyssa is in Iowa going to school, and Mark lives in Stansbury Park, Utah.  


My sweet Mom and Dad got to be with us on Christmas Eve as well.  Aren't they cute!
We love hearing the stories, memories and wisdom they have to share.



Schaefer and Rob. . .the engaged couple!  May 19th in the Salt Lake Temple!



Here is the stocking I knitted for Schaefer.  Every new member of the family gets one.  So I also made one for Brooklyn this year.


And here is the fabric Schaefer and Rob picked for their wedding quilt.  Can't wait to cut it up so that I can sew it back together!!!



On Christmas Eve, we read the scriptural account of the Saviors' birth from the New Testament while the grandchildren acted it out.  Highly entertaining!
Here is our angel, Caroline, complete with a cell phone. 
(That is the only way we could get her to stand up on the ladder and stay there.  Matt is holding her from behind)

Look at the glee and excitement from the wisemen, Wyatt, Jaxson and the shepherd,  Connor.


Here is Mary and Joseph, (aka Makenna and McKay) and of course the baby Jesus. . .

Brooklyn was a shoe-in for the part--minus the pink bow, of course!


After Christmas, Matt and Raquel went to visit her family in Vernal, Utah.  Caroline had an accident and got her hands burned on the gas fireplace.  It was very traumatic for everyone.
When they got back here, Brett helped them to change the bandages.  Caroline really cried and we all felt so sad.  She ended up having 2nd degree burns.  We are hoping for minimal scarring and a quick healing.
But, as we know, children are so resilient!  Look at that face with Grandpa Kremin just a few minutes later!
She even wanted to play with Connor's hat by the end of the night. 

All in all we had a great holiday with EVERYONE together.  Another fabulous thing that happened in December was that Dan got a job, after eight months of no work.  We are very excited and feel blessed.  I made four quilts for a dear friend's children and I didn't even remember to take pictures.  Sorry!  I will do better with the picture taking as time goes on.  Happy New Year!  

9 comments:

  1. What a great post Mom! I loved everything you had to say and all your pictures. You really captured some excellent moments in all those pictures. tons better than any that i got. Natural photo talent! Thanks for posting that. It was such an excellent visit. I miss you all so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such high hopes to write you a thank you note as soon as we got home and now we are all sick, I am behind on work, the laundry needs done blah blah blah. Can I just say you are the best mom ever. You put on Thanksgiving dinners every night for like 2 weeks. You are kind and loving and the woman I want to become. Thank you for loving me and laughing with me. Thank you for protecting me and thinking of me. I miss you so much but especially on our way home from church on Sundays it just isn't the same when we aren't headed your way. Love you and miss you! Thanks for the wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the blog. You are a wonderful mom and friend. Thank you for the visit while we were there. Thank you for loving my daughter and being so kind to her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh just so cute! You and Dan look younger than your kids in that picture. I was sort of thinking how one Christmas when my daughter was just learning to pull herself up to a standing position she burned her hands on the wood burning stove. The Nativity was just darling, great outfits. The thing mostly making me ache is looking at your fabric!! How fun, I can't wait to see the wedding quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy wedding quilting Connie! Now that you are released you can spend more time doing what you love. Although that may change with what ever calling you are getting tomorrow! Isn't it so fun to have all your family together for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to see the whole family together again! I haven't seen you all together for so long!I hope I can spend some time with you when I am there in February! Love to you all.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing your blog Momma. I look at it often to remember the good time at Christmas. Great pics of everyone! I especially like Grandma and Grandpa- that was a Kodak moment. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fun pics - especially the nativity. Love all those people!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy you had such a great holiday! I miss you so much! I gave your blog some love! The Liebster Blog award! :) Check it out on my blog: www.thejensonaunts.blogspot.com <3

    ReplyDelete