Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Quilts and such. . .

This is a quilt I made a few years ago, but had never had it quilted.
I took it to my quilter, Cindy, and magic! 


Here is a close up of the border with the double feather design

A larger view. . .

Close up of the main block

Close up of the plain fabric block. . . look what quilting can do!


I made this pillow for our new grandson to be, (hopefully tomorrow)  Raquel brought me the scraps from the quilt she had made for Harmon and here is the pillow that I made from them.  I will take it back to DC with me when I go to meet Harmon Mark Bell in a couple of weeks.

Close up of the embroidered 'h' for Harmon!


Here is the knitted blessing blanket for Harmon.  It's a very pale blue.

Here is my birdie quilt that I stitched last year.  I got the pattern from a blog called "Little Miss Shabby".   It was a free monthly download, and I finally got it together and quilted as well.  The little birdie has a theme for each month.  FUN!

Here is a close-up of the July block

And, another close-up of December

Cindy quilted darling details in each block. . .LOOK!

Here is a dear old friend, my summer quilt that I designed with my friend, Laureen.  

Those are peas from the garden and summer flowers

Carrots and a little chair for the porch

Gardening tools and a slice of watermelon

A bee and his hive and of course, the red, white and blue!

Hope you enjoy the day and get a chance to create!


7 comments:

  1. How fun. I wish I liked to quilt. They are AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to find a way to display all these things you've been making over the years.... the decades... You raised me and I'm still impressed each time I see another new quilt or pillow!! Great work Mama. Keep creating! Glad you and Dad helped create me. (Is that even OK to write online? I know this is a family blog) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one talented lady!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT!!!! Wow! I love the quilts!!! Love the first one! It turned out so beautiful! I'm so glad you got it all finished! So much work! And the birdie quilt! I love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you put an old fave on besides the newest, latest, and greatest! Love it - and love YOU, my creative partner in crime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quilt that you did a few years back and as bad as this sounds could you put that one in your will for me? I'm not joking really could you? :) I LOVE how the birdie quilt turned out it's darling, way to get that one finished. Most importantly I love H's little pillow can't wait for him to have it and the blessing blanket is to DIE for. You are so creative, one day I am going to be you.

    ReplyDelete