Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Bedspread Makeover

Again, I should have taken the before, the catalyst for this post! I will learn! Anyway, this bedspread was inspired because I was crazy over looking at my Christmas bedspread that was STILL on our bed since November, 2010!! Don't get me wrong, I love that beautiful bedspread that I pieced and quilted. BUT. . .I needed to see some summer colors, some freshness in our room. At this point in time, I don't have the means to quilt a bedspread, but I did have 50 bucks for one. So, with coupon in hand, and a 'one-day-sale' , (that by the way, comes along every week), I ventured off to the local Kohl's and purchased this deluxe bedspread which included the pillow shams. I excitedly put it on the bed and BLAH! I was less than impressed. So, what is
a quilter to do? Go to your stash, Nedra!




So. . .I had the pillow forms and a found all of these fabrics, except the blues in my stash. (I found a couple of blues on a great sale. . .$3.00 a yard at Just Sew in Apline). I made these three large pillows. . .



but it needed something more. . .




Here is the finished product. . .it really lightens up the room and makes it feel like summer. Not bad for $60 and some blissful time quilting!



4 comments:

  1. LOVE IT, I especially love the little rectangle pillow up front it adds the needed touch. You are soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first started to read this, I thought... When in the world did you start and finish THIS!!??? But then I saw how you went to Kohls. I love it momma. It does look like summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!! It totally brightens up the room! You are so talented and can just "whip something up" right when you need it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing idea! I know that color is the first thing that attracks your attention to a quilt and then it is the stitching. You improved this on both counts. WOW!

    ReplyDelete