Sunday, June 12, 2011

Running. . . .The Utah Valley Marathon

Tyler, Ashley and Casey (Ashley's sister) ran the Utah Valley Marathon 6/11/11. It was Ashley's second and Tyler's first, and I am not sure how many Casey has run. They have been training for it for months and it paid off when they all finished running those 26.2 miles! Here are a few photos:

Ashley, Tyler and Casey


Ashley running to the finish line with some nieces and nephews!

Tyler coming in to the finish line. . .a smile of accomplishment!

It was so inspiring to stand at the finish line and watch the runners come in. There were many with tears of joy and "I did it!" streaming down their faces. I was glad to be a spectator and feel the spirit of the moment with everyone. I don't know if I could ever do it, even if my back would let me!

I will most likely never run anywhere in this life. I ran a lot in college and loved it. Sometimes I even dream of running and how free it feels. I have deteriorating discs in my back that prevent it right now. That's another thing to look forward to in the resurrection!

1 comment:

  1. Good post, Mama!!! You're doing so good at updating!! It was fun to be at the race with you!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete